About The Interior Dialogue
The Interior Dialogue also has its own line of signature products. We offer mugs, poster art, and pillows. A portion of the proceeds goes to the UN Food Programme, where we help provide meals to children and family in need. Your purchase could be a lifeline to a child in need.
But we also offer additional resources at The Interior Dialogue. We have created various audio series to help the busy interior designer with business planning, social media marketing, new ideas, and many other fun topics. These audio series are completely free.
What we are most proud of here at The Interior Dialogue is our way of giving back. By purchasing one of our signature products or one of our partners’ products, you help provide meals to people in need. And you can feel good about that.
About Malene Jorgensen
In 2009, Malene Jorgensen graduated from the University of Copenhagen, Denmark with a Master’s degree in Language Psychology. She immediately launched her online business, where she worked with clients in New York, Boston, Miami and Silicon Valley from her home base in Toronto.
In 2012, Jorgensen launched her own international publishing company, One Door Press, and published her first book, How to Start an Internet Business: 7 Ways to Turn Your Passion into Profit. This book was followed by 7 more books about social media, blogging and book publishing, ranging from 2012 to 2014. Throughout this time, Jorgensen worked with major companies and websites that averaged over 10 million visitors per month. It was also during this time she launched her speaking career and offered support to other online writers and students through her work with The Professional Writer’s Association of Canada.
In 2016, Jorgensen decided to go back to school, earning three diplomas. Jorgensen also completed four specializations and certificates in bathroom and kitchen design, commercial design, home staging, and branding in interior design. She decided it was time to retire from the tech space and focus on her own startup in design. In 2017, Jorgensen started writing several books about interior design, design theory and creating more textbook driven content. The Interior Dialogue Magazine was launched in 2017 along with the blog.
Awards and Recognition:
• In 2016, Malene graduated three college-level diploma programs: Interior Design, Art Appreciation, and Professional Photography. In 2017, she completed four specializations and certificates in bathroom and kitchen design, commercial design, home staging, and branding in interior design
• In 2015 and 2016, Malene was nominated for CBC’s Future 40 Under 40 Award
• Malene was a member of the Professional Writer’s Association of Canada. You will often find her at events, so feel free to attend at event and come talk to her. In 2014, she was elected the Vice President of Professional Writer’s Association of Canada (SK). She moved back to Toronto in 2016
• Malene was a member of SYPE: Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs from 2013 to 2016
In 2014, she was nominated for the “Rethink Award” for Internet Week in Denmark for her contributions to the online business market and her unique online business ideas
In 2014, her blog – The Personal Home – was nominated for Best International Interior Design Blog by Amara Interior Design Blog Awards from the UK. It was later sold.
• Malene currently holds a Bachelor’s Degree in English Language and Literature from the University of Windsor and a Master’s Degree in Language Psychology (or psychology of language use) from the University of Copenhagen. Her thesis, Individual, Psychological, and Interactional: An Examination of Credibility of Corporate Banking Websites from a Psychological Perspective, is available through the University of Copenhagen student library. She has also written a book based on her thesis for the mainstream market called How to Build a Successful Website: Making a Connection With Readers.
Be Your Bold: Building a Business That’s Uniquely ‘You’ (Forthcoming)
Online Business Training For Interior Designers: How To Create A Sustainable Design Business (Forthcoming)
The Ultimate Interior Design Book: 4-in-1 Book (Forthcoming)
The Theory of Colour: Paints, Fabrics and Pops of Colour (Forthcoming)
Worldwide Design Styles: From Vintage to Modern and Beyond (Forthcoming)
The Interior Design Process: From Concept to Finished Design (Forthcoming)
Elements of Interior Style: An Introduction (Forthcoming)